aaand, thirty b-day mems and sentiments!! because i feel it all and hold them so close!
1. every year on my birthday my dad would come home with roses. every year. my first birthday until i got married! then he handed that flowery bday torch to my husband dearest [except this year! year 30 they sent me the prettiest bouquet of flowers]
2. celebrating my twentieth birthday at alabama with an all pink birthday party. pink literally everywhere. and everyone dressed in pink. oh i loved it so!!
3. my first kiss as a twenty-one year old was to my future boyfriend/finance/husband/bff
4.when my mom was in labor and my parents were rushing to the hospital, my dad was pulled over by a cop. ha! and hey! they got out of a ticket! and were escorted to the hospital ;)
5. my tea party birthday where my littlest girlfriends came over, dressed in our fanciest of clothes and cheersed some juice and crumpets ;) all the while my parents were dressed as maid and butler ha! hashtag bless their sweeeeet hearts <3
6. instead of cake on my bday i have always had rice krispy ice cream pie! i wasnt much of a cake fan growing up and so my mom started making it and it stuck, i eat it every year. traaaadition!
7. speaking of cakes!! oooh back in our golden college days, one of my dearest bffs would always make me the very best cakes! homemade cakes! one year it resembled a grilled cheese! and one year it was a bikini [..story for another time]
8. my 25th birthday celebration where a big poster with pictures shaped into the number 25 graced my life made by this girl! and austin managed to carry it to every place we went that night and it made it home too! oh! and the hello kitty cupcakes from my breastie!
9. my college roommates and i dressing in all black on my 22nd birthday because ughhh old age! ;)
10. all the birthday work surprises: decorated cubicles, notes throughout the office [like chelsea's throne posted on the bathroom door, ha] cakes, balloons, confetti, etccc!
11. my murder mystery party! where we sent tape recordings out as the invite and were dressed in character as we solved the latest murder mystery in the healy household. [only to end up finding my dad - dead - in the bathroom! with blood [ketchup!] all over him]
12. birthday breakfasts with austin - from the donuts with candles in them to breakfasting at one of our favorite spots
13. celebrating the last year of my twenties and my very first birthday as chelsea coleen hyatt
14. getting a car for my sixteenth birthday. but! a cardboard car ;) after din, i opened a gift from my sister to find car keys! i looked around like whaaaat is even going on!?! i was told to check the garage and when i ran and opened the door, i saw a big cardboard car. my sister had made me my own little car, complete with license plate saying SWT16 and all :)
15. all my bday cards from my dearest puppy boy charlie who is always so good with words
16. friendly's bday din - consisting of grilled cheese - mozzarella sticks - and root beer! ha, my mom let us choose whatever we wanted for our bday din. so ordering out from friendly's it was! give the girl what she so simply wants!
17. my 16th birthday! a surprise party at a hotel, my first and only surprise party! i thought we were looking at a hotel room for my friends upcoming b-day until we walked in and suuuuurprise!
18. i think it was my tenth party where we put whipped cream in a dish and pied each other in the face, ha. who knows why. but i remember this one soo clearly and loved it.
19.the different kinds of flower arrangements my parents have sent me over the years [shaped like a dog /birthday cake/the alabama box and vase]
20. my first year living in atlanta and rooming with my college roommate turned real-world roommate and waking up to see she had decorated the whole apartment :)
21. ...which makes me miss middle school / high school and coming into school on your birthday to find your locker decorated and sooo many posters! oh posters! i still have some! i remember spending hours making them for other friend's birthdays
22. my sweet bloggin' mom and the posts she writes on my birthday, they are the very best and make my heart the happiest, mom goalz for real!!
23. my whole twenty-first birthday week! birthdays are so special for a million different reasons, but that bday! we celebrated the whole week. it was the week we ran into austin and his friends and was truly what started the beginning of him & i. it was such a fun and precious time in my life. and i'd say that whole dating thing turned out pretty well
24. all the half birthday celebrations that have graced my life throughout the years. and the dear friends that remember them!
25. birthday cards! oh i have sooo many to date. it's so hard for me to throw away. and definitely all the little cards austin has written me over the past nine years!
26. seeing titanic in the theater with my girlfriends on my birthday! and being sooo crazy obsessed with it afterwards!
27. turning a quarter of a century old and really just saying that as much as i could
28. ordering an alcoholic drink at my bday din as a newly twenty-one year old and being sooo proud to show that ID! and buying beer. because, when in rome, you know??
29. this year! for my thirtieth birthday my mom sent letters to so many friends and family asking them to write on the back of a pre-addressed postcard. she had attached a picture of me throughout different stages of life on each one. i have been receiving post card after postcard for the past couple of days and it truly has been one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me!! but more on that later ;)
30. anddd really just feeling so very special and adored and loved and appreciated. it makes your heart grow ten sizes, i tell you! and i am sooo very thankful to have that kind of love from these great people in my life.